Monday, February 14, 2011

That loving feeling

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY TO ALL!!!

I have unfortunately always been a hopeless romantic...so Valentines day has always been right up my alley. I love all the sappy and soppy feelings that are floating around on this day...all the possible romance makes me slightly light-headed with glee :)
I personally blame Disney and a steady diet of girly romantic movies for my status as "a hopeless romantic"; both have promised me epic romance to dazzle my little heart.
But let's face it...real-life romance just does not reach the heights that the movies promise. There is no dashing prince that comes riding in on this fair white steed to sweep you off your feet...no symphony of little woodland creatures to set the mood (yes I have been watching too much Disney). Realizing this little fact was like shooting an arrow through my little naive heart. But since my little revelation I have learnt something very important; even though the epic romances of our dreams are destined to only play-out on the silver screen...the love that we find in the real world is worth more than all the glittery romance Hollywood can throw at us. I have found that true romance can be found in the tiniest of gestures that steal your heart away...it can found in an every day event that gently touches the heart. So while the fairy tale romances may be few and far between...fairy tale love is something much more real. I'm lucky to have found it :) My fairy tale love I found almost 4 years ago; it's a love that I have found to be true :) It's a love that has always been there for me even when I didn't think I wanted it to be. He has cared for me...he has shared with me...his been a great friend and one hell of a boyfriend :) While he has never been of the overly romantic type there are just so many little things he does that just melts my heart *blush* His my knight in shining armor and my sweet Valentine :)
Our 1st couple pic taken almost 4 yrs ago
@ a friends wedding


One of the newer couple pics

2 comments:

Firebound said...

my wedding in that pic :)
happy v day

Jem said...

Lol...Happy V day to you too lady. MWAH!