Friday, February 18, 2011

Being a grown up

People always tell you when you young that you should enjoy your childhood and not grow up too soon; but when you @ that age you just dismiss their talk as the ramblings of the old.
As a child most of spent way too much time playing "grown up" and eagerly awaiting the day when it's no longer a game but our reality. The reason for this eagerness to grow up is born from our ignorance @ the time of the real world. When we do finally reach our goal we realize that being a grown up sucks!! Responsibilities keep piling up with every step you take forward and suddenly your days of living a care-free life are gone and sorely missed. You find yourself longing for the days when your biggest worry was who would win @ hide-and-seek; you close your eyes and and try to re-visit your youth to embrace a simpler life. Many a day I wish I could skip work and just find a nice poppy-filled field to sit and play in. No worries...no deadlines burying down...no stress threatening to suffocate. Today I feel that I would like to digress...I think I'll curl up with my teddy and watch cartoons all night. Talk about a fun-filled Friday night :)

No comments: