Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Dream

As the moon starts to rise & the water moves softly to & fro I walk beside the lake of my life & slowly peer in.
A wave of lost memories & forgotten thoughts engulf me & a million visions cloud my sight.
Sounds I hear like distant voices, soft & strange to my ears.
Dreams once dreamt come back to haunt me, pulling at my heart & soul.
Voices like a nightingale's song soothe my mind while thoughts escape my grasp.
Faces & places in a blender of sights; sights & sounds becoming jumbled in a mass of roses & thorns.

At the end of the lake I turn back & gaze;
the pattern of my life weaved upon a stretch of existence.
Along the way there are loops missed, stitches retrieved & new patterns formed.
And as I gaze, the mist of the future dawns upon the horizon; changing the water that softly laps at my mind.
And as the sun rises & the webs of sleep slowly slip away, so my visions are lost; held to me only by a memory of a dream.

                                                                                                                      Author: Me 
                                                                                                 Published in 2002 in an anthology of verse.
                                                                                                             "Silhouttes & Shadows"

No comments: